WHERE IDEAS BECOME REALITY
Calling all creative makers — the camp you’ve been waiting for is here! A week-long immersion into design-thinking, collaborating, and making that will spark your curiosity and flex your creative muscles like never before. With the support of expert guides (real-life architects, designers, and makers) you will discover how to turn your unique idea into a reality using the newest tools and technology available. Yes! That means virtual reality, 3D printing, laser cutting, and so much more. By the end of the week you’ll have turned your vision into a tangible product, but you’ll also have developed critical thinking, learned a ton of new skills, and explored inquiry-based design thinking on a level that will set you up for a future you’ll be ready for.
- Camper-to-Guide ratio is 5:1 or less! This small group format gives campers great access to guides, plenty of time to explore new ideas, and authentic design experiences.
- Experience process over project with our inquiry based design thinking (iteration, prototyping, and testing start here)
- Develop the essential 21st century skills of Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Creative Thinking.
- Enjoy hands-on access to the newest tools and technology with 3D printers, programmable electronics, virtual reality integration, and so much more.
- Explore traditional woodworking skills and get confident with power tools.
- Engage in college-level critical thinking skills to solve sophisticated problems.
- Gain time management skills, apply persistence and determination, and showcase communication skills with end-of-the week presentations.
- Get your hands dirty and have fun!
The BitSpace Maker Summer Camp was created for 7-14 year olds. (Note: campers will be separated into ages 7-10 and 11-14.) The camp runs from Monday through Friday 9am-4pm, with complimentary care before (from 8.30am) and after (until 5.30pm.)
Click to Register button or tap on the My Account link at the top of the page to log in and register. At the time of registration you will be asked to sign the waiver and provide pertinent contact information for your children.