MORE LIGHT BULB MOMENTS
- Does getting paid to learn & apply design thinking & maker ed sound good?
- Do you wish you could engage in more creative, hands-on learning with your students?
- Are you a disrupter, driven to innovate and prepare students for a rapidly evolving future?
- Do you want to join a community of like-minded educators along a similar journey?
Then the Bit Space After School Program is for you. In as little as 6 hours of online Professional Development training, you can learn how to apply design thinking and woodworking principles so you can guide projects your students will love. After getting paid to teach an after-school program at your school to small groups of students, you will be prepared to leverage those skills in your everyday classroom.
MODULE 1: MAKE IT, RACE IT!
Will your car go the farthest, fastest, and straightest, or have the greatest stunt crash in history?
This hands-on learning program will answer this and so much more! Students get immersed in designing, building, and testing their very own racing vehicle while getting an introduction to design thinking and woodshop tools and techniques.
Built-in milestones celebrate both success and failure, and students cultivate grit and perseverance by continually bettering their design and construction. Students learn design collaboration as the group collectively creates the race ramp. The 8 and 10-week sessions offer additional opportunities to revise and modify your car design, from incorporating wind power to crazy obstacles and added auto bling.
MODULE 2: MAKE IT, PLAY IT!
Marble mazes, pinball, mini-golf… Your creative brain dictates the game. Powertool-approved!
Think, create, iterate. This after-school program incorporates design thinking, woodworking, powertools, and play. Watch as students learn to bridge the gap between conceptual ideas and real-world application of those as they transition from paper prototypes to final working 8 x 10 board games. There are no limits to what you can create, as long as you stick to the board.
Students learn by prototyping, failing, iterating, succeeding. Watch as they become true problem solvers and learn new skills that will live on far beyond the fun of creating their own, personalized, board top arenas.
HOW IT WORKS
- Put us in touch with your after-school program coordinator or speak with them directly about adding a Bit Space course to their enrichment line-up.
- Sign up for our professional development and join a community of like-minded educators.
- Get trained in woodworking and design thinking through our online course that you can take in your own time and at your own pace. We send you the kit to get started with the program..
- Practice what you’ve learned with a small group of students as part of your school’s after-school program.
- Get paid to teach this course.
- Keep the comprehensive woodworking set for your classroom when your school completes two courses in one term.
- Bonus: teachers who sign up before Nov 10th will also get 6 months FREE access to the Bit Space curriculum
IT’S AS EASY AS…
Click here to leave your contact details. We will be in touch within 24 hours to get you started on the adventure!
“The world is changing and I worry that we’re not preparing our students with ALL the skills they need to get out and succeed when they leave school. This course filled a critical gap, and Bit Space gave me all the support I needed to do it” — Jeanette, Teacher, Colorado