Got Teachers? Need Training?
Whether you are new to the maker movement or you just want to learn a new skill, Bit Space has a course for you. We provide hands-on training to educators giving them the experience and techniques they need to bring making into their classroom.
A Hands-on Environment
We believe in learning by doing. The experiential learning environment of our professional development grounds teachers in the process of design thinking and puts them to work engaging in the same types of designing and making their students will experience.
Customized for Maximum Impact
Educators can choose from our in-house workshops or a custom professional development experience designed for their school. Whether it’s school-wide design thinking workshops, on-site training for specific tools and machines, or working alongside educators in the classroom, we have a wide variety of options to suit your needs.
Sessions Available Now
We have a full schedule of professional development sessions at Bit Space Lincoln Square, running on most Wednesdays, 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm. Click the link to the left for details!
- October Topics
- 10/17 – Design Thinking
- 10/24 – Material Construction: Cut-Drill-Connect
- November Topics
- 11/7 – Material Construction: Carve-Laminate-Mold
- 11/14 – Vector Drawing + Vinyl Cutting
- 11/28 – 2D Cutting (Laser Cutter)
- December Topics
- 12/5 – 3D Modeling I (Fusion 360)
- 12/12 – 3D Modeling II (Fusion 360)
- 12/19 – 3D Printing (3D Printer)
- January Topics
- 1/9 – 3D Cutting (CNC Machine)
- 1/16 – Electronics I (Hello LED)
- 1/23 – Electronics II (Sensors and Actuators)
- 1/30 – Programming with Arduino
- February Topics
- 2/6 – Video Games and Virtual Worlds (Unity)
- 2/13 – Programming with Unity I
- 2/20 – Programming with Unity II