Bit Space offers engaging workshops that can be completed in about 3 hours. Similar to our Design + Build Studio, kids will learn various skills in design, construction, electronics, and computers all in a half-day workshop. At the end, they’ll have a cool project they can take home. We also offer some introductory classes to new students at no charge. Bit Space Workshops are a perfect way to come in and check us out.
- Sat, Mar. 11 -- FREE Intro Workshop: 2-5 pm
- Sat, Mar. 18 -- Finger Pianos: 2-5 pm
- Sat, Mar. 25 -- 3D Printed Critters: 2-5 pm
- Sat, Apr. 8 -- Sewable Electronics: 2-5 pm
- Sat, Apr. 15 -- Laser-Cut Gliders: 2-5 pm
- Sat, Apr. 22-- Arduino Joysticks: 2-5 pm
- Sat, May 6-- Laser-Cut Wind Chimes: 2-5 pm
Intro to Bit Space: Free Workshop
Have no idea what we mean when we say “maker lab”? Not sure what Bit Space is all about?
Every few weeks, Bit Space offers free introductory workshops. During these workshops, kids go through a “tour of Bit Space,” getting a brief introduction to the broad range of cool things we have to offer--the tools in our woodshop, laser cutter, 3D printers, Carvey CNC milling machine, electronics stations, computer lab, virtual reality, and more. Come on in and check us out.
Keep an eye out for Special Events at Bit Space. These free or nearly free workshops, lectures, and open houses are our way to ring in a holiday, connect with a community, or simply have some fun with our friends and supporters.